If you care about what’s happening in the world of property and casualty (P&C), then this is the place to be. Each week, we serve up a bite-size roundup of the latest news, hot topics, and (admittedly subjective) tidbits to keep curious insurance professionals, like you, in-the-know.
Quote of the Week:
“This is an arms race against Mother Nature. Mother Nature will win.” -David Stokes, executive director of the Great Rivers Habitat Alliance
- What everybody’s talking about...Levees are breaking and the Midwest has reached a breaking point. Like coastal living, riverfront living is at risk due to climate change and communities must rethink their flood resilience strategies
- Got claims? It's critical that P&C insurers look to automation to create efficiencies in the event response and claims processes in order to keep up with the frequency and severity of catastrophe events--and customer satisfaction demands
- Countdown to hurricane season = 21 Days...Hurricane Florence is now the 9th most destructive storm in US history according to NOAA with $24B in damage, loss of life & massive flooding. Brush up on your hurricane prep with these best practices...
- Thought leadership of the week...The market is advocating cooperation for the greater good. There will be more commercial opportunity and innovation generated through “coopetition”
- This Bud’s for you...Bravo to Anheuser-Busch for expanding its emergency drinking water program and sending 1M cans of water to volunteer firefighters in CA, CO & AZ ahead of wildfire season
And, one to grow on...A bill passed in the House that would require President Trump to develop a plan for the US to meet its contribution under the Paris Agreement--cutting greenhouse emissions by 26-28% by 2025.Missed last week’s Friday Five? Check it out here.