We recently announced the commercial availability of our Natural Perils Suite. Each of the apps in the suite are designed to more easily put hazard data into perspective for users throughout an insurance company from risk, portfolio, and claims managers right up to the C-suite.
Our Wildfire app makes it easier than ever to incorporate active and historic fire perimeter data provided by GeoMAC* with an insurance company's portfolio or claims data. For example, an insurer can:
- Quickly reference a current wildfire and build an interactive map-based report identifying risks that are in or near the wildfire perimeter.
- Analyze claims incidents in perspective with historic wildfire perimeters.
- Better understand historic wildfire activity in proximity to a concentration of risks.
- Easily and interactively share all of the above with other members of their organization with saved dashboards.
Seeing is believing. Here'a a quick demo of the wildfire app:
The Wildfire App is a great example of SpatialKey's ongoing effort to provide solutions for the insurance industry that put hazard data in context with an insurer's portfolio to make better informed decisions more quickly and collaboratively than previously possible.
* GeoMAC is a collective effort of several agencies including Department of Interior's fire management agencies - the Bureau of Land Management, National Park Service, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and the Bureau of Indian Affairs, and the United States Forest Service of the Department of Agriculture.